A Mini ReBoot Could Be A Very Important First Step For You
Have you been putting off taking the first steps toward cleaning up your diet and improving your daily habits? My clients have told me this repeatedly and what I have found can be helpful is for them to scheduled and commit to a Mini Reboot. This is a SINGLE day where they promise to make themselves a priority and do a kind of “jump start” to a better path of better self care. It seems that a single day just wouldn’t be enough but it can be a powerful undertaking. You would be taking time for YOU – finally putting yourself and your health first. You will be making time to unwind and go inward during your Mini Reboot. It may not all be fun and easy but there are great potential benefits – even for plant-based eaters who consider themselves generally healthy.
I found that taking the first steps were the hardest along my path to addressing my metabolic syndrome. But once I begin, the early “baby steps” were immensely helpful to start reducing the overall pain and inflammation in my body. And indeed it did all begin with a first step. I also began to understand that the journey to one’s wellness was not just about the food on your plate but also discovering what nourishes you in all areas of your life.
Item by item, I began to detox my life – food, people that were negative and how I handled stress. In this post, I am sharing the beauty of a simple one-day detox & Mini ReBoot with you in the hopes it can help your get started as well.
Just commit to ONE DAY.
Here’s your plan:.
ONE DAY DETOX PLAN
Drink water (ideally 3 cups) with lemon (and optional a dash of cayenne pepper)
(MAKE THIS FRESH – yes, you’ll need a juicer; we like the Breville Fountain Pro)
- 1 cucumber, organic if possible
- handful of kale
- ½ bunch mint
- a handful of parsley
- ice or a little filtered water, as desired
Wash all of your ingredients and then juice. After juicing, finish your drink off with the juice of one lemon.
- 1 cup dairy free millk (I suggest unsweetened almond milk)
- 1 scoop plant based protein powder (I like pea or hemp protein)
- 1 tablespoon ground chia seeds
- 1 banana or cup of frozen blueberries
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 to 2 tablespoon tahini or almond butter
Note: To warm your smoothie add ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon, nutmeg or clove (powdered spice). By adding a warming you are warming your digestion. If you feel cold from drinking your smoothie or juice, then have a hot cup of dandelion or chamomile tea with raw honey to warm your digestion.
Spend about 20 minutes closing your eyes and focusing only on the rhythm of your breath – in and out, in and out. Find the space BETWEEN your thoughts. When the ‘monkey mind’ rears its head, just allow it to be and it will pass. This is time for YOU just to rest in the peace of your being as you in-spire.
Snack (around 11 am)
1 apple with 8 raw almonds (you can omit this if you are not hungry)
Lunch (Around 1 or 1:30 pm)
- 2 cups (or more) mixed greens
- 3 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1 apple cut into small pieces
- ½ avocado
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Braggs Raw Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- juice from a lemon
Mix all salad ingredients in a bowl and toss with dressing.
Exercise: Go for a light 20-minute walk outside after lunch — without your phone! Be sure to look and around you – not down at the ground. The more you can connect with the world around you the better – being in nature is ideal for your walk if at all possible.
Snack (Around 3:30 pm)
1 cup berries (frozen is fine, organic is best) and 8 raw walnuts
Dinner (Around 6pm)
Mini ReBoot Easy Salad
Serves 1 to 2
- 4 cups spring mix
- 1 cup garbanzo beans
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1 pear, chopped (if not in season, substitute a zucchini, or green apple
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 4 tablespoons raw apple cider vinegar
- fresh pressed garlic (optional)
Add your mixed greens, vegetables to a bowl and top with rinsed beans and avocado. Add raw apple cider vinegar.
Kitchen is now closed for the day (except for your tea)
Drink chamomile tea with lemon and a little raw honey.
Write down three things for which you are most grateful today in a journal or piece of paper. The practice of actively writing versus thinking has a way of activating the pleasure centers in our brain. Allow yourself to FEEL the gratitude of your stated focus. Then, if possible, and add in another 20-minute breath meditation before drifting off to a restorative sleep.
Helpful Tips For Cleansing
- Expand and continue journal to document this amazing process. Realize that beyond just documenting your gratitude, you are going to start shedding what does not serve you both physically and emotionally. You may really appreciate having a record of this to gauge your program a few weeks from now.
- Eat/drink every 3 hours to stabilize your blood sugar.
- Consume 1 green drink a day such as 1 teaspoon chlorophyll in water or add 1 teaspoon green food powder to your smoothie or coconut water.
- Regular bowel movements are important for proper detoxification; if you are not “going” then try drinking senna tea or more lemon water to better support your liver and alkalize your body.
Helpful Tips for Self-Care
- Take a bath each night with Epsom salts. Try adding a few drops of essential lavender oil.
- Make sure you are sweating daily – try light exercises like jumping on a rebounder, sitting in a sauna, or swimming.
Get Prepared for Your One-Day Mini ReBoot (and Use These For Continued Awareness)
- They say if you do not prepare in advance for your project, your are really preparing to fail!
- Clean out the junk in the refrigerator and the pantry. This process will really help you to get mentally prepared to change your body and change your life.
- Get support. Maybe find a friend to do the Reboot with you.
- Set a goal and write it down where you see it everyday. Try a Post-it note on your bathroom mirror.
7 Tips to a Magical Cleanse & Detox Mini ReBoot
- Ditch old ideas that do not serve you
- Rest – make it a priority to treat yourself to periods of rest.
- Hydrate with pure (filtered) water
- Believe in yourself -you can accomplish anything you desire
- Forgive – yourself, your family, your co-workers, and everyone. Not forgiving only damages you.
- Love more – yourself above all!
- Laugh daily
So dear friend, I hope you will take the time to do a Mini ReBoot one day soon!
You might also be interested in our FREE Healing Soup Cleanse. This short (4-day) program is a powerful way to cleanse the body and take your reboot to another level. Get the the Free 20-page Resource Guide delivered right away!
Also check out our FREE Green Smoothie Challenge guide which is helpful for stabilizing blood sugar, reducing inflammation, weight loss, releasing toxicity in the body. It’s also an easy way to consume an abundance of fiber, fruits and vegetables in one sitting!
When you start off your day with smoothies, your organs will thank you! After a few weeks, you are likely to find you waistline looking a little trimmer as the inflammation throughout your body is reduced. Learn more by clicking here.